What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is the most used, prevalent and popular messaging apps that have become a benchmark in the field of social chatting. This app, owned by Facebook, allows you to send text messages, images, videos as well as documents to anyone in your contact over this network across the globe, easily and efficiently. WhatsApp is completely free to download and install, for which the official link you can find from Google Play Store. You are only charged for the mobile data you consume when you are not using Wi-Fi.
Whoever has owned or used a smartphone for even once, would probably have used WhatsApp, which goes to show how much widespread and popular this app is. WhatsApp provides several amazing features, and the developers keep introducing new and added features time and again which makes this app’s usage more incredible, personalized to meet one’s need and comfortable as per one’s way to make the most of this social messaging application. One of the many advanced and newest features introduced by WhatsApp is Recalling WhatsApp messages.
Recall WhatsApp Messages
Sometimes, when we send a message to someone we turn back only to regret about sending that. Maybe you wanted it to send to another person, or maybe you sent that in emotions which you should have done, or maybe it was typed or sent mistakenly that could disturb the other person. This is a time when all we have wanted is to delete that message. But you need not fret anymore, as now you can easily delete a sent message. To know how to do this, you need to follow this guide.
How to Recall WhatsApp Chat on Android?
You can do this through two ways, one – on your official WhatsApp application, second when using a mod version like GB WhatsApp.
- Recall WhatsApp Message on the Official Version
- In your Official WhatsApp version, open the application.
- Go to the chat where you want to delete a sent message.
- Tap on the particular message and hold that. A new window will appear, from which you can tap on the Delete icon and then select the option – ‘Delete for everyone’.
- After deleting successfully your sent message, the window on the receiver’s end will be like this, confirming your message was deleted (but only they can see this on their device and not you):
You must note that the receiver can view the message before you recall that. Also, you and the receiver must have the latest WhatsApp version for Android to enjoy this function. And when you delete the message, you won’t be notified if the operation was successful or not.
- Recall WhatsApp Message Using Mod Version
You must have heard or used WhatsApp mod versions. These are the modified versions of the official WhatsApp application and offer a wide range of additional and supplementary features than the official WhatsApp version. So, you can also expect to get the message recalling a feature on the mod version. Please note that the mod version is not available to be downloaded from the Google Play Store. One of the most widespread mod versions of WhatsApp is GB WhatsApp. So here, we will discuss recalling messages in the GB WhatsApp version.
- The first step is to download GB WhatsApp on your Android device. You can download the Latest APK of GB WhatsApp following instructions provided in this guide or you can download the APK file by clicking the below button:
- After downloading, install the app on your device.
- Go to the home screen and launch the app.
- Open the app, follow the procedure to enter and verify your number using OTP.
- Enter your name and select your DP.
- Your GB WhatsApp account is set up.
- Start conversing with your contacts. Now when you want to recall some message you have sent to any of your contacts, go that chat window.
- Long press on the message and tap on the top right section.
- Tap on the ‘Recall’ out of the options.
- Allow the permission to recall.
- You are done, your message is recalled, and your contact will no longer be able to read or view that message.
Out of these two ways, whichever way suits you more or fit your need specific to the version of WhatsApp you use, will not be a problem for you anymore. Now you can enjoy having conversations without any fear, as you know that you can recall your message anytime something happens mistakenly.