What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is globally popular multimedia app that acts as both a messaging platform and a social network. It allows users to send photos, pictures, videos and drawings, but which self-destruct a few seconds after the receiver has viewed them.
The unique features and innovative all-encompassing messaging capability has made Snapchat one of the most popular social networks around, especially for teenagers and young generation.
This fun messaging app is used by millions across the globe and Snapchat users upload a whopping 150 million pictures approximately a day, so you can understand how prevalent it is amongst the smart phone users. This app is available to download, install and use for all Android devices.
Unique Features of Snapchat
Send Temporary Content : Snapchat allows you to send photos, texts, videos and animated videos which disappear a few seconds after the receiver views them. Snapchat also do not save the content of your face-to-face conversion.The picture or video you send through Snapchat is termed as ‘Snap’, and the video can be of maximum 10 seconds long.
Create Stories : The ‘Stories’ section allows you to share pictures and videos with your Snapchat friends as stories. You can also create ‘Custom Stories’ with your friends wherein your friends contribute their snaps.
Create Snapstreak : Send and receive snaps with any of your friend within 24 hours for three successive days to create a streak.
Access Features Using Snapcode : Snapchat provides feature of unique QR-style, specific to every account, codes that allows users to add friends and access different content and app features.
Create Effects Using Filter : One of the most popular Snapchat features, Filter allows to give a fun side to your snaps adding from a multitude of special effects. You can also use location-based Geo filter feature.
Create Animated Effect Using Lens : Snapchat Lens is also a popular feature of the application that helps users add animated effects while taking the snaps.
Create Fun Using Face Swap : Give a different take to your selfies with your partner or friend using the Face Swap feature, or make some interesting snaps using this feature to edit the photos from your device’s gallery.
Also, Backup Your Precious Snaps and Stories : If you feel like you want to keep some snap or story, the ‘Memories’ feature allow you to do that.
Know What is Happening in Your Region : If you share your location with Snapchat and use Snap Map feature, it will help you discover what is happening in your region, right now.
Do Much More with Creative Tools : Tools like Doodle, Stickers, Caption, Scissors, Timer, Paperclip and more enables you to become creative with your snaps in a way that goes well beyond your imagination.
How to Download and Install Snapchat on Your Android Device?
With so many features and fun capabilities, it is unlikely to avoid this popular social network. Downloading and installing Snapchat on your Android is very easy, as explained in below steps :
- There are some devices on which downloading and installing Snapchat may prove to be problematic. To ensure no error and allow your device to download the Apk file, enable ‘Unknown Sources’. Go to Settings – Security – Device Administration and then check Unknown Sources.
- Tap and open Google Play Store on your device or click on download button below and it will redirect to playstore
- Search for ‘Snapchat’ in the search box. The list will show multiple results.
- Tap on the one developed by Snap Inc. It will take you to the download page.
- Tap the install button. You will be asked to accept different permissions. Proceed according to how you would like to use the app and let it access your phone.
- After installing the app, go to your device’s home screen and find the Snapchat app logo. Tap on it to open.
- Tap Sign Up and follow the instructions to create your free Snapchat account. Once you are done, start adding friends who are on Snapchat, accessing the app’s settings, and let the fun begin with your snaps.
Alternatively, you can download the Snapchat App directly from the button below :
Finally, Do Not Forget To Subscribe To Our Mailing List, And Like Our Pages On Social Media To Receive Every New Updates, And Please Share This Post With Your Friends ❤