Sometimes it can be quite overwhelming when interacting with Facebook users, and this might be due to privacy issues, the constant status update from friends or just the general communication with both strangers and buddies you knew from high school.
Within these frustrations, you may be prompted to delete your Facebook account as a way of cutting communications with them – and this is not that hard.
In this guide, I will take you through a step by step process on how to delete your Facebook account.
I will also help you distinguish between deleting and deactivating a Facebook account since I have noticed some people using these words interchangeably yet they have different preceding meaning.
Why are many people deleting their Facebook accounts today?
Surprisingly very many people have removed, or they are on the verge of deleting their Facebook accounts despite its popularity.
Looking into the Cambridge Analytical Scandal and the heightening worries about the effect of social media on individuals as well as the societal health, many individuals are giving their backs to these sites.
What’s the difference between deactivating and deleting a Facebook account?
Simple procedure on how to deactivate or delete your account will take you through both methods on how to deactivate or delete a Facebook account, but first I have to clarify on the same. The difference between deactivation and deletion
When we talk about deactivating your Facebook account, it simply means :
- Your Facebook timeline will not be visible as well as your searches.
- You can reactivate the account whenever you need to.
- The messages you sent to people will remain visible
- Some information will be saved, these include friends and interest just in case you want to reactivate your account.
Whereas deleting your account is as serious as it sounds, this involves:
- Facebook Deletion request takes 14 days, and the deletion request is canceled if you try to access your account in this period.
- The account is removed permanently; You will not be able to gain access after deletion.
- The backed up data of the account will be deleted after 90 days. During this time no one can access any of your information.
- The sent messages will remain visible since they are not stored in your account but the recipients’.
- Log records are not erased from the database, but then they are dissociated from the person they identify
With that clarity it will be noted that deactivating is a form of taking a break from your Facebook account, laying low for a while whereas deleting is permanently erasing the existence of the account, a very serious issue that should be thought about before proceeding.
How can you deactivate your Facebook account?
The following simple steps will take you through the process of deactivating a Facebook account :
- Go to the menu arrow facing down at the right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Click on account settings.
- Select General in the left column.
- Press Manage your account
- Click Deactivate your account then follow the prompted steps to confirm your decision.
In case you want to reactivate, log in your Facebook account with your credentials and your profile will be visible.
How can you delete your Facebook account permanently?
By removing your Facebook account you are literally foregoing a lot of things that can only be experienced by Facebook users. This includes quick access to information, fun, and the hilarious memes as well as the news from around the globe thus you may try to reconsider.
If you take your final decision to delete, click on the button below and will direct you to the Facebook deleting page :
In case you have set up your mind that you want to proceed, Save your data before deleting your Facebook account, follow this simple steps :
- At the right top of your Facebook account, access the account menu.
- At the bottom of your general settings, Click Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Choose to start My Archive.
Finally, Do Not Forget To Subscribe To Our Mailing List, And Like Our Pages On Social Media To Receive Every New Updates, And Please Share This Post With Your Friends ❤