What is YouTube?
YouTube is the world’s leading video sharing service that is owned by Google and boasts of billions of users. Every day hundreds of millions of videos are watched and uploaded on the network by users that include individuals, companies, music and movie producers, advertisers and many more. The video category ranges across all genres you can think of.
YouTube started as a web application but now has also become a preferable video sharing application on all mobile device platforms including Android, iOS and more.
YouTube for Social Media Strategy
Like several other social media platforms that are optimized for content, images, product and business promotion, YouTube also serves as the perfect platform for the promotion of any kind and pertaining to any product or service, through video-creation mode. From an individual to a small or a large business, everybody can make the most of the large YouTube user base to promote their service or product.
For a personal user, their account can serve the purpose of a YouTube channel. But will be reflected by the account specifics only. If you want to regularly upload videos and under certain categories, whether individually or as a group or for your company, then you should create a dedicated YouTube channel. Here, in this tutorial, we will provide you with the steps on how to create a video channel through multiple ways.
How to Create a YouTube Channel?
There are two ways to create a YouTube Channel, one with your existing Google account, other if you don’t have a Google account. Let’s discuss both ways in detail:
- Create a YouTube Channel With Your Google Account
If you have a google account, then you can watch YouTube videos, like them, share them, and post your comments on them. However, you must remember them having a Google account doesn’t automatically provide you with a channel. You need to use this account credential to create your channel, by following the below steps:
- Go to YouTube (on the desktop) and go to the top right corner where you will find ‘Sign in’ option.
- Login using your Google account and password. Remember this will be the account your channel will be associated with, so choose accordingly.
- Now, once you log in, go to the top right corner and click on the user profile icon.
- Then click on the settings icon, represented by a cog.
- Now, in the settings, you will see an option – ‘Create a channel’. Click on this option.
- Now, you can create the channel as an individual or in your business or group name. Properly name the channel, picking a unique and relevant name. Choose the category of the channel from the provided list.
You are done. This channel will serve as the platform to upload your videos and promote them.
- Create a YouTube Channel When You Don’t Have a YouTube Account
You must remember that if you must have a Google account for creating a YouTube channel. So, first, you have to create your Google account and then proceed towards creating the channel. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to YouTube.com
- Go to the top right corner and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Pick the option to create a new Google account and follow the instructions to create your new account on Google.
- After you are done creating your Google account, follow the steps as mentioned in the above step to create your YouTube channel.
YouTube Channel Art
After this, you also must create YouTube Channel Art for your channel. A YouTube Channel Art can be defined as the YouTube’s version of Facebook Profile Cover Photo. You can create the YouTube Channel Art by following the below mentioned steps:
- When you are creating your YouTube Channel, you will notice a blank space in the top.
- There you will find a link named as ‘Add channel art’. Click on this link.
- A popup window will open, through which you can upload an image as the channel art. You can pick one from YouTube’s own templates gallery or upload one of your images from Google +. The recommended image size is 2560 x 1440 pixel and must be below 4MB in size.
- You can also add text and logo within the safe area of 1546 x 423-pixel space at the YouTube channel art center. You are also provided with an option to add links to your company website, social channels or so in the bottom right corner of your channel art.
So, now you have learned about how to create your YouTube channel and how to add art to create the channel’s cover in easy and simple steps. Hope you liked this tutorial