What is Facebook?
Even if you are remotely connected to the world of internet and technology, then you must have heard about Facebook. Facebook is the most popular social network platform that provides a big platform for people to contact other people, businesses, know what is going around in the world or in their friends’ and acquaintances’ life through their shared information. This social media network is the largest social place on the virtual people that engage billions from across the world.
Facebook Account Privacy
Any social place where your information is in front of the people and can be checked by anyone from across the world, worrying about privacy is one of the greatest concerns. Facebook is no exception in this matter. If you are opening or running an account in Facebook, then all your posts and information you share is available to the public, by default. Therefore it is always suggested that you must know what you are posting and who can check them and so control who can follow what you are posting and sharing. Additionally securing your account with the highest level of security setting is also a necessary step.
This can be easily done by configuration the privacy settings in your Facebook account.
How to Configure Privacy Settings in Your Facebook Account?
Before diving deep into the privacy settings, you can follow a more specific-guide to check how your privacy features are configured right now and what you want to change. You can check a range of option preferences right from there. And for a more detailed set-up, especially when you are creating a new Facebook account you can check for detailed privacy settings.
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to the top right corner where you will find a ‘?’ icon.
- Click on the icon and you will see a pull-down menu, as you can see in the image above.
- From there in the list, you can see ‘Privacy Checkup’.
- Click on ‘Privacy Checkup’.
- A new window will open, as displayed in the image above.
- Here, you can see that there are three options – Posts, Profile and Apps and Websites, numbered 1 to 3.
- Moving to each option will display the settings specific to the category that are enabled at present.
- Change the settings moving over to that particular category button specific to your preference and interests.
Apart from the ‘Privacy Checkup’, you can tune-up some basic settings speedily using the ‘Privacy Shortcuts’ option right below the ‘Privacy Checkup’. This way you will be able to configure who can send you friend requests, who can see your posts, as well as block users.
Privacy Settings and Tools
This option will give you a complete look-in to the Facebook account settings that you can configure according to your requirement.
- Go to the top right corner of your Facebook home page and click on the down arrow alongside the ‘?’ icon.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- This will lead you to the General settings page, as displayed above in the image.
- Here, you can see a complete list of options that are associated with your Facebook account.
- Move to the option that you want to know more about or change and enable-disable the configuration specific to your liking.
- Whether it is about the activities you are engaged in, enable people to find you, timeline and tagging settings, blocking users or more, there are several functions that you can manage efficiently.
Now the above-stated guide will definitely help you in managing the configuration of your Facebook account easily and completely. Privacy of your information and how others follow you, see you or engage with your posts depends on how you manage the privacy settings of your Facebook account.