What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is most used free messaging service across Android, iOS, Windows and other OS platforms for the smartphone, tablet, and other device users. The most popular free messaging service enables you to send free text messages, images, videos, documents and make voice and video calls on the network across the globe. The app is available to download and install for free and charges no fee to use the service; you only need to have an internet connection or Wi-Fi. On Android devices, WhatsApp is certainly one of the most widespread and must-have app for users.
When you open WhatsApp and chat or converse with someone or in a group, or if you are sending a message, file your status is seen ‘online’, as displayed in the image above. This defines that the user is on WhatsApp engaged in a conversation or sending message or file to a chat window, or just keeping the app open in their device.
And when you leave the WhatsApp like you close the application, the status will show your last seen (by default), as displayed below :
It will show the time and date, or the duration of the time you last visited the application. If you have not tweaked the status settings in your WhatsApp privacy feature, then another user can see your last seen. You can change these settings in the Privacy mode and then nobody will be able to see when was last online. However, when you visit WhatsApp, you will be shown as online.
Forever Online Status
What if I say that you can keep your WhatsApp status always online on your Android device, even when there is no internet connectivity? Sounds interesting, no? While it may seem unbelievable, but there are ways you can enable your WhatsApp status to show always online.
But, there’s a catch. The WhatsApp official version does not have such feature as of now, so you would need a little bit of trick here, i.e. get a modified version of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Mod Version
The modified versions of WhatsApp are not developed and released by official WhatsApp creators, but by individuals who tweak the open-source platform to add and improve the interface and functioning of WhatsApp, offering a tremendous range of features to the users. Similar is about changing your WhatsApp online status to forever visible. For this, you will require the most popular WhatsApp mod version, GB WhatsApp.
So, here we will provide you with some interesting tricks to make your WhatsApp status always online.
How to Show WhatsApp Status Always Online on Android?
- The first and foremost step is to get GB WhatsApp on your device.
- You won’t find this app on Google Play Store. So, download the latest APK file of GB WhatsApp from the link given below:
- After downloading, install GB WhatsApp on your device following the installation instructions.
- If you want to set-up GB WhatsApp with your current WhatsApp number, then uninstall the official version from your device.
- Now, open the GB WhatsApp application from your device’s home screen and enter your contact number. Verify it through the OTP.
- Enter your name and select your WhatsApp account’s display picture.
- Now you have set-up the GB WhatsApp account and its time to move to the ‘online status’ trick.
- Go to the top right corner and click on the menu icon, then choose GB Settings.
- Move down in the list and tap on ‘Other MODS’.
- Now, scroll down and you will see an option ‘Always Online’.
- Mark the box against this option.
- You will be prompted to restart your application. Click on Ok to proceed through this.
Now, whoever has your WhatsApp number will always see you online. Isn’t it a wonderful trick? Whether you have GB WhatsApp opened or not, you will forever show up as online in other people’s WhatsApp application.